Artist/Producer OPEN CALL: The Proposal
THE PROPOSAL OPEN CALL
Do you work in music, visual art, sculpture, film, theatre, poetry, live art, photography, creative writing, or any other art form? Have a project that’s in need of seed funding, contacts and other resources? Want to present in a room full of people that can support?
Introducing The PROPOSAL, a brand new event from MAIA in partnership with Grand Union, that sets out to crowdfund new artistic works and projects. This is an open call for artists and creative producers to present ideas, make useful connections and be in with a shot at winning some seed cash.
Simply submit us an outline of your project. We will select 5 to be pitched at The PROPOSAL event. The audience will then vote and decide which project wins the fund.
6pm, 5th July 2017
Grand Union, 19 Minerva Works, Fazeley Street, Birmingham, B5 5RS
To PROPOSE your project, submit to email@example.com. Applications must be one side of A4 or less, so share as much as you can as succinctly as you can. Please include the following:
1. What is your PROPOSAL? Please include title, idea, timeframe, aim and artistic output.
2. How would you use the seed funding?
3. How would you present your PROPOSAL?
- PROPOSALS are selected to 'pitch' on the strength of their concept.
- Ideas must be new in order to be funded. We can’t fund retrospectively.
- Projects must have some connection to the West Midlands, e.g. presented, developed and/or working with the region.
- Written or filmed applications are welcomed. If filmed, please send a video link in your email.
- PROPOSALS on the night can be presented with whatever you feel best communicates your idea: a snippet, scratch performance, sketch, etc.
- You will have a maximum of 10 minutes to present your PROPOSAL.
Please keep in mind we anticipate raising approximately £350 for the first fund. This is intended as seed funding to get your project off the ground. For example, you might use the money to match an application for more money from another funder. We seek to connect artists and producers with additional funding opportunities throughout the process.
EXTENDED: 5pm, 18th June 2017. Projects selected to pitch will be informed the following week.