Artists, cities, society, infrastructure, citizenship and more.
A round up of the things we've seen, read or been interested in this week.
This week: how artist residencies could better serve, how African architects are investing in the next generation, the relationship between class, taste and inequality and more.
1. Artists are human too: why residencies need to reflect economic and social realities
2. How Will Creatives & Citizens Design the Future?
3. Panic! Social Class, Taste and Inequalities in the Creative Industries
4. A defense of art in troubled times
5. The next generation of African architects and designers | Christian Benimana
Arts Retreat 2018 - Living Life to the Fullest: https://livinglifetothefullest.org/2018/04/20/arts-retreat-2018/ - an arts retreat for young people aged 8-18, living with a life-limiting or life-threatening impairment.
Loop Fund: http://www.thisisloop.com - three grants of £5,000 for UK filmmakers (film of any type, especially those that struggle to find funding elsewhere)
95% of the Universe is Missing - Science Gallery London: https://opencall.sciencegallery.com/95-universe-missing - open call to explore themes related to contemporary physics and dark matter
Developing Your Creative Practice - Arts Council England: https://www.artscouncil.org.uk/DYCP - for individual artists and creative practitioners